Thursday, February 26, 2009

To Dance and Dream

July 19, 1993

Today is a beautiful summer day, warm and humid. I have just baked some cookie bars, whole wheat and raisin, brown sugar and almonds, and the house is filled with the aroma. Katie and her friend Sherrie are upstairs trying on my make up and perfume and having a wonderful time. Peter, Josh and a boy from France are playing on the trampoline and squirting each other with a hose, Paddy running around their feet hopefully, begging them to throw the ball. I have been listening to Andrew Lloyd Webber's Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, a brazen, irreverent, wonderful, inspiring musical account of the story of Joseph sold into Egypt. I feel it would offend my mother, but it makes me laugh and cry and want to dance and dream of the coming of Zion.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I remember those bars. I love them!!!